
One year ago (actually one year and a couple months because I'm just catching up). I REMEMBER . . .
- going to the doctor for a stress test and hearing, "I think we're having a baby today" (1 month early)
- my feet were 4x their normal size = flipflops every day at work
- David having to drive an hour back home to get carseat, pack a hospital bag, camera, many other necessities that WERE NOT PREPARED
- going from no contractions and induction started at 3pm to tiny baby born at 1am
- nurses,"ok, stop pushing we have to get the doctor": me,"I'm sorry I can't help it" -- and Ella flies out on the table
- from 3 people in the room to 20 in like 2 minutes
- Ella just missing the skip the NICU cut by 4 oz
- the sweetest baby cry I've ever heard
- physically feeling part of my heart leave my chest and watching it land on this tiny wrinkled little body across the room
- Daddy's first words to me,"She likes her head rubbed just like her mommy."
- big blue eyes looking up at me for the first time
- Knowing my life is changed FOREVER!!
P.S. Happy Birthday to my sweet Dad! We couldn't ask for a better father, friend, or papa! Love you Daddy!!
1 comment:
Awww...she was (and is) so sweet!
Post a Comment