Friday, August 16, 2013

First Birthday Happenings (February 2012)


For Little Darlin's first birthday, we took a trip down to Greensboro to a petting zoo/discovery museum. (Actually we had planned to go to a specific children's museum, drove 45 minutes down there and found out it was closed on Mondays - ugh. Luckily we had some internet service on the phone and found this place as a secondary on the fly. Turned out to be better than the original plan.)


Breakfast pancakes - as requested!








And the eating of the CHOCOLATE cupcakes (also as requested) 
- what can I say, this girl LOVES to eat (just like her mama . . . ahem).



























Matching pajamas as a birthday gift from Nana AND squeezing into a box that contained a birthday present from the mail.



























AND a purple (her favorite color) birthday party to celebrate! 

 
I try to make the cakes for birthdays because I am a foodie naturalist and I want to KNOW what ingredients are in my cakes . . . BUT my decorating skills leave something to be desired (2013 cake was much better, but I may just have to take a cake decorating class at some point).


Still delicious!



 Gotta love those birthday kisses!


AND some post-party decoration chewing :)


No comments: