Saturday, May 10, 2008

AND HER NAME SHALL BE . . . .



We are so very excited to announce our little one's chosen name - (that is if the ultrasound continues to be right about the sex). Here's why we love it:

Ella - Greek origin meaning torch or bright light. But the real reason we chose Ella was my grandmother. Her name was Ella Pearlene Northam (all her life she went by Pearlene and I didn't even know that was her first name until I saw it on the name plate of her nursing room door) and my Mimi and I had a very special bond. Although she will never meet or hold Ella on earth I know she's looking down on us blessing her even as I type this. David and I actually decided to name our first girl Ella the day we found out sweet Mimi had passed (we weren't even married at the time).

Mae - although the meaning isn't as exciting (the 5th month of the year named after the Roman goddess Maia), Mae is the middle name of my other grandmother Merelene who is also very dear to me and who will get to love on her when she arrives. I know Ella will come to love her as much as I do!

2 comments:

Craig.Kelly.Michaela.Carter.Madison said...

What a beautiful name with such wonderful meaning. She is one lucky baby! I can't wait to see pics of her. Do we really have to wait so long???

elizabeth said...

yeah we have a name! let the monogramming begin. happy belated first mother's day! i can't wait to meet little ella! i love your blog! let's catch up soon.