
So - sweet little Ella has officially begun to grace my day with her soft and hard kicks and punches. The first time I felt her I was at the doctor's office for my 5 month checkup (19 weeks). The Doppler proved she was swirling all around inside this ever growing belly of mine, and then while I waited for the doctor (which took almost 45 minutes I might add), I felt a quick little punch in the belly - then another - then another. Since then, the kicks and movements continue to grow stronger and more often. I can expect to feel her move first thing when I wake up and start talking to David, at night when I lay down to sleep (of course), and once I sit down to rest after being up and at-em at work. I also think she critiques my choices by moving a lot when she's happy - i.e. after eating ice cream, anytime there is loud music - and when she's mad - i.e. when I accidentally roll on my tummy in the night, squish her up against the table trying to draw blood from a dog or cat, or when her daddy takes his hand away from my belly! Maybe I read too much into it, but what else are these 9 months for, huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment