In the spirit of a soon-to-be addition to our household, I thought I would do a blog about our feline kids as well. Plus I got a great new camera for Christmas that takes good pictures of our cats. So without further adieu . . . .

This is Hobo - thus named because he showed up on our porch a few months after we moved to Virginia. We didn't feed him or pay him any attention for 2 weeks and since he was still around, he was neutered (tough breaks for stray animals at a vet's house) and claimed. And we LOVE him - he's the best cat with Ella and has such a sweet and spunky personality.

This is Lilly - we adopted her while we lived in Florida (right after I lost my sweet
Pouncer kitty) along with Norman (who we lost last year). She is very, very sweet - when she wants to be and also a bit of a bully to Xena. She is also the cat that occasionally pees on unsuspecting towels or blankets on the floor - which makes us very irritated! But we love her still.


This is Xena - David's room mate in college adopted her and wasn't very nice to her. Thus she attached herself to David instead and when he moved out to Texas to live near me she came along. She is our oldest girl and would love to just sit in your lap all day long.

AND this is Summit. Some caring soul brought her in to my clinic off the side of the road 6 months or so after I started working up here in VA. She was tiny and sickly and wouldn't have made it much longer. The plan was for me to rehabilitate her and then find her a good home, but she was so sick that both of her eyes ruptured and she will have chronic upper respiratory problems her whole life. So I wasn't sure it was fair to pass her off to someone to have to pay for all her
meds in the future AND while I was fixing her up, she wormed her way into David's heart. They have an extra special relationship. She loves David more than she will ever love me, no matter how I rescued her. Summit is a down-right southern sass of a kitty and keeps us laughing.
1 comment:
nice pics! What kind of camera did you get? We are looking to get a new one before the baby arrives, but we just want a simple point and shoot.
Post a Comment