
The last weekend in August we went up north to West Virginia. We stopped in to Great-Grandma and Grandpa Idleman and then headed up to Parkersburg, WV for the annual Honey Festival. They had all kinds of neat displays about bees and some wonderful honey. We took some basswood honey home to enjoy. We were up close and personal with the Bee beard man and watched as the bees crawled all over his face. I don't mind having lots of hives, but I draw the line at letting them crawl all over!! While watching the bee beard we ran into some old family friends of David's who LOVED meeting Ella. It was nice to catch up. Finally we had some honey ice cream sundays and decided to head home, but we had to stop at the nice park and let Ella have a swing on the way home.


Two southern belles in their hats!
1 comment:
OK, the bee beard is really scary. Do you know that I have never been stung by a bee and the thought scares the snot out of me?
Post a Comment