Sunday, May 15, 2011

Easter Weekend -- part 1

The Saturday morning of Easter weekend, our little town had a community Easter egg hunt. We thought we would let Ella check it out this year. I have to admit, we were a bit disappointed that the eggs were just lined up in the dirt (I remember having to climb some trees to get eggs out when I was a kid), but I think they were trying to be safe and fair. So we took our place behind the flags and waiting for the GO!
Waiting with Daddy and basket at the starting line.

Good Grief I love these two. She looks just like her Daddy in this picture!


The prepared spoil



Ready, set . . . . GO!



The egg hunt was fast and furious and then all the eggs were picked up.  We opened all our eggs to make sure we didn't win any big prizes (we didn't) and discovered that despite the almost 80 degree temps, every egg had a melted Hershey's kiss inside. We packed them up and put them in a bag to put in the fridge when back at home.  As we started to walk to the car Ella said, "No, no. I don't want to go" (she was a bit wound up from egg hunting still). So we decided to spend a little wind down time in the park before heading home. By the way, the Easter Bunny was at the hunt and Ella was NOT about to go up for any sort of hug or picture. :)



This girl LOVES the big slides.


It's a big squinty, but it's unusual to get a picture of Audrey and me because I usually take the pictures.


Monkeys on the monkey bars.


We had a great time - now it's time to go home and wait for Grandma and Grandpa to arrive!

No comments: