
That's right folks. In case you didn't already know, we will be adding another baby girl Idleman to this family. Although, we both really thought this one was going to be a boy because the pregnancy has been so different (and it actually shocked us a little when it wasn't), we are SO very excited about having two sweet little girls. Ella likes to give my middle hugs and kisses and say," Hello, Baby Sister - I love you" all the time. In fact, we recently got her a kids meal with a strawberry shortcake toy insides and with no prompting from either of us Ella immediately began to refer to this figurine as Baby Sister. She likes to turn her upside down and say,"Oh, no. Baby sister are you ok?" (We did have one episode of baby sister being thrown out the window of the car while we were parked, but a cell phone was also tossed recently so we're pretty sure that's a window fascination and NOT a reflection of feelings toward baby sister -- fingers crossed anyway).
And for the real announcement -- We have officially decided on our new baby girl's name ....
It's not too common, but not too unusual, classy, family oriented (same middle name as myself and my mother), AND sounds really cute with Ella Mae. I was listing all the names we had previously discussed to David and when I said Audrey, his eyes brightened and he immediately said, "That's it!" and anything else I mentioned just didn't fit as well. We know in our hearts this is her name.
Now it's time to re-sort all those baby clothes that I kept "just in case" of another girl, but was in too much of a new mommy fluster to organize...
P.S. Sorry to my brother and sister-in-law who will be having a niece on the other side of the family one month before whose name will be Aubrey Grace. This may be a bit confusing, but we already decided on this name before we knew and it feels right.
2 comments:
It's beautiful! Jacob and I were a little shocked to find out we were having another boy, too, but only because we could only come up with a girl name and took that as a sign. We are close to naming this one, though.
Don't you love trying not to offend people with name choosing. The picking process is so personal and it's hard to consider EVERYONE while doing what feels right. Hopefully they will find it endearing b/c it is pretty sweet.
Oh Bri, I LOVE the name Audrey!! It's absolutely perfect!! I'm so happy that you are having another little one!
Post a Comment