Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Pumpkin Patch with the Punkin

We took one foggy, cool Sunday afternoon and traveled up north to Wytheville to the Williams Orchard and Pumpkin Patch to find some good carving pumpkins and have a little day of fun.



I don't catch this face on camera very often, but this is the "Not sure if I want to cooperate with the whole smiling thing" face - and even though it looks grumpy, it's still precious!! (she laughed right after I took this . . . what peanut)
A couple pictures before Ella would sit still - she was VERY excited about the hay ride and sitting up on the hay all by herself.


FIRST UP- The Corn Maze






Then to Look for some quality pumpkins . . .


FOUND EM!


Here is Ella with our Pumpkin/Gourd haul (notice the dirty knees from trying to run through the patch and repeatedly tripping on the pumpkin vines).

Playing the corn bus (a regular school bus with troughs of dried cord to play in like a sand box)

I just wanted to point out how cute Ella's little brown boots are!


We also ate some snacks (a cupcake and a caramel apple) at the snack shop, watched the punkin chunkin machine, let Ella climb up and slide down the hay bale slides, and practiced milking a cow on the not-so-realistic wooden cow milker.

All in all, an afternoon full of pumpkin fun














No comments: