Tuesday, July 30, 2013

December 2011 (that did not involve Christmas)

One example of my MANY failed attempts and cute sister pictures. Most of the photo shoots at home go a little like this . . .


Audrey turned 10 whole big months old - and just keeps getting more beautiful!









Mama and Sunshine had a girl's date to see Disney Princesses on Ice. We first saw the show advertised on t.v. and the Sunshine stopped in her tracks watched the whole commercial and then turned to look at me saying, "Mama, that movie was made just for ME. I HAVE to see it." So we went. She got to wear her Belle dress, have her hair fixed and parade around with the other little princesses. (Let me just say that I do think the princess thing can go a little far and we have been working with Ella about qualities that make ANY girl and princess, but she has sparkles in her blood so once in a while we let her doll up and be fancy.)


At first, she was excited and anxious talking about what princesses we would see and all that. Once the show started, her eyes were literally the size of saucers and she sat through the first act plastered to her seat.




At intermission she was allowed to pick ONE treat and it was (of course) the cotton candy complete with princess crown. She spent the second act leaning against the chair in front of her, peeking over with those enormous blue eyes.


By finale time, she could hold it all in no longer and she broke out into her own ice dance right there in the aisle. We had 4 or 5 seats on either side that were empty so it wasn't a problem and I certainly wasn't going to dull this kind of exuberance. She is such a treasure. The people behind and in front thought her dancing was great too. :)




We shared a wonderful, special time together and I will never forget it. Now she talks about taking her darlin' little sister to enjoy a Disney Ice show sometime too.

Finally a super cute towel picture - just because I love it and I love, love these sweet smiles!


No comments: