Friday, July 26, 2013

Little Sunshine Turned 3 (September 2011)


In the tradition of my sweet and wonderful mother who always made my birthdays extra special, we try to make birthdays wonderful in simple, but unique ways. 


This birthday queen had a royally awesome birthday weekend!

Ella made some new friends at the playground in the morning with Daddy and Audrey (I think I was working, but it was 2 years ago so I'm not sure).

















She opened some gifts and had some vanilla cake with vanilla icing (I mean she's like a carbon copy of her Daddy).



AND we went to a SECOND playground in the afternoon with Mama AND Daddy!! (I won't mention how nicely her hair was fixed when mama was in the party.) I still just LOVE this picture of that sunshiny smiling face!

 We hosted a Perfectly Pink Princess Party (which only 1 guest came, but they had so much fun no one really cared - hooray for Ayden!!) 


And Grandma Lois and Grand Joe came up to celebrate with us (and take us to the hotel swimming pool which is always a hit).


 As always, there was some Sunshine silliness involved as well!



Really, this happy face tells the whole story!!

(p.s. The Little Darlin' is now wearing all the clothes Sunshine has on in these pictures -- this is very bittersweet for me. Where did these last 2 years go anyway??)


1 comment:

Abby and Jacob said...

I love that you think you were at work, but since it was 2 years ago it is hard to say :) Also love the difference in the hair styles!